Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Sister

It really doesn't matter in the long run if I ever see those necklaces again or not. I'm instantly reminded of more important things after talking with my bro-in-law Doug tonight. Today, my sister went to the cancer center in Indy as opposed to the one in her previous hometown in Dayton. The new cancer center rearranged the order of the medicine during this treatment, making her more nauseous then she's ever been. She's been vomiting since then, and I hope she's able to sleep now.

If you are willing, please pray for her. It's hard to see someone you love go through this. I wish I could still help her, but I am thankful that she has a friend with her helping with her family right now.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I LOVED doing it and would do it again in a heart beat. I love your family as if they are my own. Melissa...one of the sweetest people I know. I was the blessed one.

Anxious AF said...

Thinking of you.

Steph said...

PRaying for your sister, Jenn!

Gram said...

still praying for melissa. i am so sorry about the theft of your necklaces. i know that you don't put huge importance on material things (how do i know that? i just do!:)) but i also know how heart-broken you feel to lose something so emotionally significant to you. i guess i just have to hope that wherever those necklaces end up, they will ultimately affect that person's life in some positive way. blessings. jan