Saturday, April 25, 2009

A New Thing

About a month ago, I had a doctor's appointment. Being back at the same hospital where I had Tyler got me thinking about some things again. I walked out of the building afterwards...the same doors where I left when I was discharged a year and a half ago... and those fears from the past crept in. What if I were to get pregnant again? Will it be a healthy pregnancy? Will I have a baby that actually lives with me this time? These thoughts ran through my mind as I walked across the parking lot.

Heavy-heartedly, I got into my car. I turned the radio on, and heard a verse being read on WGRC--

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!"
(Isaiah 43:18-19)


Oh, sweet peace in these words!

I don't usually hear things like this on a daily basis, but what great timing from my Heavenly Father to hear this when I did. Thank you, God, for that! It just confirmed the peace for me that I had already been feeling lately...that a new thing is about to happen.

"There will be a day with no more tears,
no more pain, no more fears..."
(sung by Jeremy Camp)

5 comments:

Lydia said...

OH, you have such a precious relationship with the Lord! I love to hear how he is working in your life and I am thankful that you share it!

Will and Julia's Mommy said...

Thinking of you today... hoping this finds you well. Know that I am rooting for you and Mike into parenthood once again.

Aimee

Anxious AF said...

I needed to hear this myself....Thanks.
Cant wait to see what new things are in store for you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of this...and thank you for being such a faithful example of God's grace and peace. I love you and Mike so much!
Miss

Anonymous said...

God is so cool!! And so are you!! Love ya!

Debbie Merki