Saturday, October 17, 2009

Guess What??

Today I'm exactly 28 weeks! Whooo-hoooo!!!!

That means 90% chance survival rate, and less than 20% chance that anything would be wrong with her if she would be born right now. (Which she won't be!)

Many of you knew that 28 weeks was the next milestone that I've been shooting for, so I am SOOOO thankful to be here!

This also means that for the first time ever, I am now in the THIRD TRIMESTER of pregnancy! LOVE it!

Mike and I have really loved feeling her move late at night lately. Actually, forget feeling, we can see her move and roll just by watching my belly. We are amazed at how active and on-the-move she is when she's awake. Last night, I laughed and said I thought she might have "restless leg syndrome." :) Or maybe Daddy's ADHD. (He does't really have that, although I've diagnosed him with it! ;)

So here's to the THIRD TRIMESTER!! Thanks for your prayers and to God for getting us this far. We would appreciate your prayers for continued safety for both this baby and myself. Ideas are also being tossed around about how and when the next c-section should be scheduled. There are a lot of factors that go into it, so we would also really appreciate prayers for that as well!

Thanks and love to all!

(Love this song, by the way...can you hear it? Although she will never be "the only one." Tyler will always be a part of our family too.)

10 comments:

Jodie said...

hi jenn, i have been thinking of you and my friend, mindy....I just recently gave her your blog address. She hasnt been brave enough to look. Last November 20th, she had Isiah (stillborn) and Beau who passed 3 days later, at around 24ish weeks...she describes them with one with light hair and the other with dark and at 1 pound 9 oz each, i just melt and try to imagine her pain. She is fortunate enough to have a daughter that is 3. she is having a hard time with the whys and thinks God is mad at her. Would you pray for peace and understanding for her. Thank you for putting your story out there. i cant wait to meet your little girl on the web. Jodie

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see this post. We have been trying to keep track, and thought you had to be approaching that 28 week milestone. Go is SO good!! I can't tell you how happy we are for you! Enjoy those little movements, that was my favorite part of pregnancy. :)
Blessings,
Anita

michelle said...

congrats on the 28 weeks!!! god is so good. i love you so much, jenn. i cannot wait to meet my new, sweet niece. praise the lord. it won't be long.

Will and Julia's Mommy said...

Way to go, Mommy! 28 weeks is such a huge milestone. I knew you could do it and Tyler is rooting you along too!

Katrina said...

yay! so exciting! =)

Lydia said...

I cannot wait for you guys to see and hold your new baby girl, Tyler's little sister. We pray nightly for the three of you and are celebrating with you that you've made it this far. God is faithful!

Jodie said...

i know your busy, but i sure wish you'd post more often.....hope all is good.

Jenn said...

Hi Jodie, It's not a matter of me being busy...it's a matter of when I'm not horizontal, I get more contractions. (no laptop here) I definitely have to take care of the baby before I take care of blogging. Thanks for checking in and will hopefully post more soon!

The Burgess Family said...

congrats on making it to the third trimester!! While I hope you get pretty close to term, I cannot wait to see her and learn what her name is!

Lydia said...

Jennifer, the time is flying by so fast. When is your actual due date?