Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Tyler Michael


Tonight after Mike and I got home from visiting his parents, I asked him what time it was. "12:13," he said. Then he rounded the corner to come back toward me in the living room, and he silently just took my hand. This was the exact minute of Tyler's 2nd birthday. We were already standing right there, in front of his picture on the wall. We both said a few words to him, wishing him a happy 2nd birthday and telling him we missed him.

Missing him will never stop. Soon after we lost him, we prayed something. We felt like we were never going to get away from that sick, drowning in sorrow feeling when we thought of him. So we prayed that we'd be able to remember him with joy and smiles and not just pure heartache. It took a while, but we've slowly been able to do that.

Every little memory will be with us forever, and although our hearts still ache as we miss him, our hearts smile at the same time as our memeories walk us through those six days.

We are still just so thankful for our time with him and thankful for the healing that God has brough us these past two years.

And I can't help but think that just maybe...by our baby girl coming the same week that he did, that it's the extra measure of healing and grace that God planned for us all along.


Tyler~ Happy 2nd birthday, Baby Boy. Our hearts ache for you to be here home with us, but we know that truly...you are Home. We will tell your baby sister about you, and we'll never forget you. Thank you for being the first one to make us a proud Mommy and Daddy.

Forever Loving You~ Daddy, Mommy and Your Baby Sister


Be looking soon for my 37 week post and possibly the last post before little girl's arrival!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you sweet Tyler. I cannot wait to meet your big sister, and hold her in my arms. I will tell her what a handsome little boy you were! You are forever in my heart.

Aunt Miss

michelle said...

love you, jenn and mike. tyler is forever a part of my heart and soul. aunt shell loves you, little boy.....