Sunday, December 20, 2009

Who Inspiires Me, You Ask?

Well, I'll tell ya. Ever since finding out about needing an amnio, I've been VERY nervous about it. Just because I am soooooo not a needles person. I've gotten so many blood tests and shots over the past years, and I have NEVER once looked at that needle! So the thought of an amnio needle piercing my belly and uterus just does not sound like a fun time.

So knowing that my amnio is in the morning, I have very much been anxious tonight just thinking about it. I know God has brought us this far, but still...I am human and yes, things like this scare me. (I know some Christians believe that Christians should never have fear, but I don't believe that....it's what you do with that fear that matters. Do you hold onto it, or let it go to the One that can take care of it.)

Anyway, so tonight I frankly had that "I'm gonna crap my pants" feeling just thinking about this amnio. Stupid and silly I know. Mike was talking with me and had just said a prayer for us that all would go well this week, then what happened right on cue?? Got a text from my sis Missy. Here's what it said--

"I'm praying for the Lord to fill your heart with so much peace! I KNOW you will do fine. I love you!"

Even before tonight I have thought many times about the MANY appointments, procedures and so-not-fun events she had to walk though...and she did it BRAVELY with no whining and complaining.

So this stupid little needle thing I'm doing tomorrow is really a walk in the park. If she can so bravely venture into transplants, chemo treatments, and appointments holding unknown news, then I can surely just get a grip and gather up a fraction of the courage she has.

That's a sister for ya...or better yet, that's MY sister for ya. SO thankful for both of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same issue with needles, so I know how you feel. I'll be praying for you this morning, that you'll have peace as you go through this procedure.
Anita

Derek and Debbie said...

I remember having to have one with Megan and it is very nerve wracking, but the Lord will be there and he knows and understands. Praying he calms your fears.