Thursday, April 24, 2008

Melissa, My Sister

This post is shared with you with a prayerful heart, with an expectant heart...knowing that our God heals. We found out April 14th that my sister does in fact have lymphoma. She has non-hodgkin's lymphoma, specifically the large b cell type. The grade is intermediate, meaning between low and aggressive. We won't know the stage until she has her PET scan soon. We are hoping that it will be localized in just one area, making it easier to treat. Her chemo treatments are already scheduled for May 6th. I'm planning to take a week from school on May 16 to see her, and I can't wait! Talking on the phone just doesn't cut it right now.

Have I already mentioned how awesome she is?? I know I have...tons of times. She is the strongest one right now out of all of us. In fact, she was concerned about me in how I was doing...knowing how far I am from everything. Can you believe that?? For those of you who know her, I'm sure you can. She's at such peace right now...she describes it as feeling that God is holding her high above the waves below, and she's not lettin' go.

Please...I'm asking all of you right now... pray with me. It doesn't matter if you are a stranger or close friend. Please just pray that the chemo treatments will be completely effective. Please pray that the lymphoma will be in an early stage. Please pray that Missy and Doug will continue to feel themselves tight in His grasp right now. Thanks to any and all of you who are willing to do this!!!
"Hear my cry, Oh God; listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
when my heart is overwhelmed...
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Little Sis, God will keep you high on the rock. Sometimes we still feel a splash from a wave, or even one that knocks us down....but our Heavenly Father will pick us back up and keep our feet planted there. And if we look out in the distance past the storm, we can see the sun waiting for us beyond the clouds. I love you!

2 comments:

Gram said...

jenn, this is a beautiful post about your sister. i'm already and have been praying for her and for you and your family. much love, jan

Katrina said...

Hi, You don't know me, I came across your blog Via Nate and Tricia's... But I am praying for your sister. My mom beak Leukemia, and I am actually participating in the light the night walk to benefit the Leukemia and lymphoma society. =) I will keep your sister in my prayers, and hope to stay updated! With God all things are possible.
Katrina