Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sisters

My two best friends in the world are my sisters. In my mind and heart, we three have always been, and we three will always be. Michelle and I are 6 years apart, and Missy and I are almost 2 years apart. There is a special bond that is very unique to sisters. We still tell secrets, and I can trust them with things that I would tell no one else. They have both laughed endlessly with me, cried with me, prayed with me; and while we are blessed with many priceless friendships--it just doesn't compare.

When we were little and were caught bickering or fighting, Dad would make us hug each other. Yep, that's right...we were forced to hug. Little did Dad know that I was pinching Missy's arm really hard where he couldn't see. He would always tell us how one day we could be living far apart from each other, like his own siblings...and that we needed to love each other and our times together. Of course, I wanted to roll my eyes at that. Now, as I'm 8 hours away from Missy and 10 hours away from Michelle, I realize even more what a treasure they both are. Our times together now are that much more awesome, and we don't take those get-togethers for granted. Yes, we've had our moments as all sisters do, but we will always be just that...

Sisters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Sis, more than words can say!! You and Missy are truly my best friends and mean the world to me!! So blessed you're my beautiful sisters...

=)Bnpositive said...

Brothers are pretty special too. It's so good to have been pointed to your blog by Michelle. We've got to stay in touch, where are you at now? My blog is at www.bnpositive.com/blog