Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

As kids while growing up, Mother's Day meant giving Mom a card that Dad had picked out for us. I remember seeing Dad give Mom a box of Russell Stover chocolates. Of course, I would sneak into it and try to claim all of my favorite cream flavors. (Not surprising, huh?)

Later, especially while I was in college, Mother's Day brought a phone call home to Mom and Grandma. I'm sure at least one time in there I apologized for not getting a card out in time. Across the miles and hours apart, you really grow to appreciate your family and loved ones.

And that is true even now, as we are 10 hours apart. I appreciate them even more and am so thankful for the blessings that they are.

In the past few years, Mother's Day took on a different meaning. It brought pain and was a reminder of what Mike and I wanted so badly. It meant watching others get recognized in church and standing up all around you as the mothers were recognized during the service.

Then last year, even after Tyler had left us, I was finally a mother on my first Mother's Day. It still wasn't a happy one obviously. I vowed that morning before church that if mothers were asked to stand during the service, that I would. Not standing would mean denyng my son. Fortunately, there was never a need for that. But I celebrated my son that day.

And this Mother's Day...

I celebrate something different...something new...a new thing...

Just a few days after posting "A New Thing" below, we found out that we are expecting another baby!

From that moment of finding out, we felt so many emotions. But I can tell you how I've been holding on to that verse that I posted below. Knowing that this is a new thing has already given me so much peace...peace replacing the doubt and fear that I had been feeling before. It was amazing to see how God gave me that verse right before I found out, to start preparing me and changing my emotions.

So now, this Mother's Day, we remember Tyler...

And we look toward the future with this new Baby we have been given now. This new life growing inside of me. I am thankful for every ounce of fatigue, every bit of sickness that I am starting to feel. It has already brought us so much joy!!!!!

And so much joy to get to share our "Mother's-Day news" with you!!!

15 comments:

Will and Julia's Mommy said...

Jenn - OMIGOSH!!!! This is such amazing news! I am typing through my tears and am so happy for you and your family!

Please know that we will be praying and thinking about you everyday through this pregnancy and beyond!!

Tyler is watching over this little one too - and will guide you everyday.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Renee (from SS) said...

Congrats on the new baby!!!!

michelle said...

i love you, beautiful sister and momma!!! happy mother's day to you, remembering sweet tyler and the precious one on its way.

Cheryl said...

That is so exciting! I hadn't been on your blog lately and just caught up on the last couple of entries. God sure didn't waste any time after that annointing service, did He?! Praying for you guys!

Heather said...

That's incredible Jennifer!!! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!!

greg mcdonald said...

Woo Hoo!!!!! I have tears in my eyes and goose bumps all over!!! Cannot express to you how thrilled I am for you and Mike! Only those who have expeienced infertility and loss can know what an answer to prayer this is. You will continue to be in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy and safe arrival of this little blessing. I love you!

Charlene

Anonymous said...

You bet your sweet bippy you should stand up as a mother!! (Yes, I said bippy.) And, I'm going to say yippy, skippy on the news of your second child. I will be praying peace into your life. Rest in God and the knowledge of how much he loves all of you!

Katrina said...

congratulations!!!!!

thethornburyfamily said...

I am so excited for you!! What precious news. Please post again soon and let us all know how far along you are and everything. I know this is such an answer to prayer for you and your husband. I wish you all the best in the world!
Julie (Copley) Thornbury

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn that is sooo great!!! God is so good! Love all of you and will be praying for the next eight or so months to be great! Can't wait to see who God brings to you and Mike. Still praying for the WHOLE family right now and forever. Jessica in Ohio

Beth Johnson said...

That is great news. God is at work in your life and He has shown Himself by giving you this pregnancy. Praying all goes well.

Beth

Kristi said...

Congratulations Jenn! Praying for a happy and healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Kristi (Melissa's friend)

The Burgess Family said...

YIPPIEEEEEE!!! CONGRATS! Praying for a full term and very healthy pregnancy!!

Derek and Debbie said...

I am typing through tears also as it talks about hands on a miracle in the song. So fitting and like God. We are so excited to hear this wonderful news. God bless you both. Even as the next song says everything will be all right. All our love and prayers. Derek and Debbie

AW said...

Oh my word. I'm speechless. God is good! Congratulations!