Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Please Pray

We just got back from our weekly check-up. We are seen by our high-risk dr on a weekly basis with this pregnancy. They specifically measure the cervical length to make sure it is not shortening. It's been good all along, measuring right around 3.6 cm. But today it measured at 2.6 cm. We were not happy about that at all, and of course it makes these days very scary for us. The doctor wants to see us back on Friday to check the length again.

I still have random and infrequent contractions, so please pray that they stop in case they are causing my cervix to shorten.

Some of you already know this, but this is the exact week in my pregnancy with Tyler when we went into preterm labor. It is already a scary week for us, and we weren't expecting this news today. I remember when I had to go into the ER around 19 weeks due to contractions. I was wanting so badly to just be here nearing 24 weeks, and it just felt like a lifetime away. Some of you offered to specifically pray me through to that first milestone that I had set.

And now I'm here, and I am soooo thankful for that.

I would appreciate it SOOO much if you could pray that things will look good during Friday's check-up. Then my next milestone that I'm shooting for is 28 weeks. I am confident that we can get there! With God's help and with prayer, we are going to get this little girl there!

Thanks more than words for your prayers!!

Love to all,
Mike, Jenn, and Baby Girl

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn--

Yay for reaching the 24-week milestone! Will keep praying that this sweet little girl stays put for at least another 4. Love you!

Charlene

michelle said...

praying.....praying.....praying.....praying!!! love you!!! she is going to make it here!!!

Jess said...

Jenn, I can't imagine how nerve racking all this must be for the two of you. Praying for you this week as you wait to see the doctor again and praying that she stays snug for a while longer.

Derek and Debbie said...

Been thinking about you alot lately. We will be praying.

Steph said...

Continued prayers for all of you! You are so often in my heart and on my mind. I wish I could give you a hug but trust I am sending one over the miles!

Steph

Will and Julia's Mommy said...

Jenn - You are always on my mind... first of all, celebrate the 24 week milestone. I know how you feel, this is the most worrysome point. I took the whole month off work when I turned 24 weeks. I am praying for you, for Mike, for Baby Girl and for your cervix! Nothing will make you feel better until that sweet little girl is in your arms! And then you will have a whole new set of worries! Good ones.

28 weeks is a good next steps - and you will get there!! You are an awesome mommy taking care of this sweet baby girl with all your being. God has a plan - and he share the same goal!

Thinking of you - miracles do happen!
Aimee

Amber Mc said...

Praying for your beautiful little girl! Stay put, sweetheart!

Beth Johnson said...

Praying

Kelly said...

Jenn- lifting you and your sweet girl up in prayer today. I know the panic you must be feeling. I will be praying for your peace and the health of your little miracle. Blessings . . .
Kelly

Geron Brown said...

Our family prays for the three of you daily by name.

Lydia said...

Just dittoing Geron's comment. We love you guys, even Mike whom we've never met. Must be awesome since he caught you! We are praying for you guys along with your sister and trusting God to take care of the precious 'girls' in your life.

Pascal said...

Oh yes, we will be praying for you.

Thanks for the updates...as we pray we wonder how things are going!

Love,

Pascal & Dorothy