Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This Moment

I have been savoring the many precious moments I have had so far with this Baby Girl of mine. From the moment I found about I was expecting her, to the unforgettable moments we shared the joy of that news with our family and friends. Then the moments of the pregnancy becoming real...feeling the nausea and the extra tiredness; yes, I even treasure those moments. Then the AMAZING times of feeling her move and kick so early at 14 weeks, followed by that exciting moment where we watched the ultrasound screen to see if we were having another son or a daughter.

And we found out it was you, Baby Girl. And we've been calling you by name since...

Soon following were the down moments as well, trips to the hospital due to hyperemisis and contractions; but even in that there was still the good. Hearing her amazingly strong heartbeat on the monitor that sounded like a horse galloping through the hospital room. It was worth the trip for me just to hear that.

And then recently, there was the follow-up appointment to check on what-appeared to have been my premature shortening cervix. During that appt, a friend of mine held my hand and I know she was silently praying with me for good news while we waited.

And good news we got that day. All was well- Thank you, God.

But right now, this is such a special moment as I type this for a completely different reason.

Last pregnancy, our precious baby boy Tyler was born while I was 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant, at 12:13 am.

I started writing this as I am 24 weeks, 5 days pregnant, at 12:14 am.

I have prayed for this moment.

Right now, with each passing second, minute and hour, I am further along than I have ever been...and I expect to keep treading these new waters in my pregancy in the next weeks and months.

I am in a place in my pregnancy where I have never been before, and I am SO happy to be here.

SO happy for this moment...

And so thankful to the God who has brought me here.

"Dear Lord, thank you for this moment. Please continue to protect this little girl of mine and keep her safe inside of me. Protect my body until it is safe for her to join us, and live a healthy life with us. Tell Tyler we love him. Amen."

10 comments:

Amber Mc said...

Rejoicing with you!

michelle said...

love you, sis!!! thank the lord every day for your sweet baby girl.....your miracle.

Anonymous said...

We pray for you guys every day, thanking him for each day that your sweet baby girl stays put. :) Thanks for sharing your moment with us. God is good!! You're in our thoughts and prayers!
Anita

Will and Julia's Mommy said...

Celebrating and reflecting with you. Keep up the good work, Tyler is rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Quit making me cry, dangit!

Just kidding - I like crying happy tears for you. I continue to pray for the safe arrival of your little girl.

I love you!

Debbie Merki

Derek and Debbie said...

Happy for this precious moment and all the ones to come. God Bless!

Mandy Dudgeon said...

So happy for you guys!! Jenn, your faith is such an encouragement. Savor every moment . . . they are such blessings! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I love you so much....and I am already in love with this sweet little Baby Girl!

I can't wait to see you and give you a huge hug! I am praying for you...we both know there is power and strength in prayer!

Miss

Lydia said...

celebrating with you. Cora wants to see a picture of your baby girl!

The Burgess Family said...

This one took my breat away.