Tuesday, May 6, 2008

As always... God is good!!!

I have great news... results from the PET scan are in. Missy's lymphoma sounds like it is pretty well confined to that one area in her chest cavity and her spleen. And add in yesterday's news that it's not in her bone marrow!! I am soooooo thankul about that! Thank you, God, and thank you for your prayers. THANK YOU to you who have taken a moment to comment here about your prayers that are being lifted up for her. She does read this almost daily, so I know she really appreciates the comments and prayes too!!

She said her first chemo treatment went well, and she's definitely glad to have the first session over with. She did not have any adverse reactions to the drugs, which is obviously good. I think she said that she and Doug went to the store right afterward. Now we are praying that the chemo cures the lymphoma, while not making her extremely sick at the same time.

Again, thanks from all of us for your prayers!

Praising God...in all times!

6 comments:

Gram said...

jenn, i have been anxiously waiting and checking to see the news and praying that it was every bit as good as what you've reported! i love the pictures of you and your sisters. how blessed you are to have such a close relationship. give her a hug for me! jan

Katrina said...

Praise God! =)

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you and Missy and your whole family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad the news is good. Jenn Ballenger is our children's pastor, so I hear news from her, as well as checking here daily. Your spirit and outlook are amazing - you make me proud. And you bring glory to God, which is ultimately what matters in this life. Love you, Debbie Merki

begins with v said...

I'm crying as I read your blog. That sound is so appropriate and beautiful for your blog. I can't even imagine what you have been through. I will pray for your continued strength...I am amazed at your spirit and will to carry on.

My husband and I have the exact same anniversary as you! How cool!

Olivia said...

I am thinking about you and your family. I know this Sunday will be hard for you. It always is for me.

thethornburyfamily said...

Hey Jenn! It's Julie (Copley) Thornbury. I just got off the phone with Miss and had such a good talk with her. She told me about your blog and I immediately had to get on here. I've cried, only understanding a small bit of what you have gone through. I have prayed for you and your husband, and now Miss and her family. You and your whole family are such amazing people and I'm so honored and blessed to have you all in my life. I'm amazed at the strength that you all have. I now have another way to be inspired by all of you through this blog!!! I love you all! Julie