Monday, May 12, 2008

Sweet Dreams, Little Man


To help us through our painful times, God gives us what we need when we need it. The evening of the same day that Tyler died, Mike and I crossed paths at the top of our stairs. In that spot is the only view of the sunset from our house. There we stood in awe and in tears, thanking God and Tyler for giving us the most beautiful sunset we have ever seen. We were too overwhelmed to even stop to take a picture... but I'm amazed that right at that moment, our neighbors did take a picture. We found out two weeks later when they brought this picture to our door. This is just as we saw it...no Photoshop color enhancing done here. Maybe someday, I'll get someone to remove the power lines for me, but I love it just like this right now. Untouched by man, this was straight from the Master Artist himself...amazing proof that He plans to comfort us and not to hurt us. Although I didn't then and still don't understand the plan, at that moment I felt my first glimmer of peace in all this.

So maybe this shows how God felt when He received my precious boy...

Maybe it was Tyler's way of telling us not to be sad...

All I know is Mike and I both stood there, thanked God, and said, "We love you too, Tyler."

Sweet Dreams, Little Man....

7 comments:

Gram said...

beautiful.

Anonymous said...

one of god's tender mercies... simply awesome!

Katrina said...

the beauty in God's creation never ceases to amaze me. =)

=)Bnpositive said...

E-mail me the original photo file and I'll see what I can do.

Steph said...

What a beautiful picture our Savior paints! How amazing, the messages He send us in His beauty!

APM said...

Over and Over Again, through the Centuries people have testified that HE IS IN CONTROL. HE IS SIMPLY AWESOME. Thank you once again, Mike and Jenn, for sharing GOD's Strength and Blessing with all of us......God Bless You. And Be Assured that there is more Blessing in Store for you in HIS TIME. Continue to be Faithful and Believe in Word just like you have...Blessing to you both - ATUL

StacyandChad said...

What a comforting gift our Heavenly Father sent to you! I stand in awe of His wonderful works!