Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So I Might Get a Tattoo...

Yeah, you heard me.

Those of you who think you know me may be surprised right now...

No, I'm not thinking about getting the rose or butterfly on the ankle (although I thought about those in high school/early college, and I'm SO glad I didn't as they are slightly overused.)

What I'm considering has deep meaning to me. I'm sure you'll understand--

A pair of tiny footprints, actually copied from Tyler's birth certificate, etched on my chest right over my heart.

I've already talked to Mike. He's good with it and might do it too.

Tattoo or not, though, he will be on and in my heart forever.

8 comments:

Kari said...

I think that would be so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I say go for it! You're right, tattoo or not, always in your heart. You guys have been in my thoughts lately. Hope you're enjoying the summer! See ya at Melissa's.

~Jocelyn

Anonymous said...

think it's awesome, sis. have i told you lately i very proud i am of you!?
i love you!!!!!!!!!!!

StacyandChad said...

That's totally cool, Jenn! I love the idea!

=)Bnpositive said...

Now THAT'S a tattoo I could understand getting! So meaningful and cherished. It reminds me of the tattoo my brother got on his forearm after the death of a close friend. He and a bunch of other friends all got the same or similar tattoo as a testimony to the life their friend lived. http://www.bnpositive.com/blog/2006/04/28/greek-hope/

Amber Mc said...

I think it would be absolutely beautiful. It has been such a blessing to read your words and feel your deep love.

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

Let us know if you do it or better yet take a picture. I got a tattoo about a year ago and don't regret it at all. Mine was to celebrate surviving a 5 yr death sentence given me (told I only had 5 years left to live). Well God prevailed and I lived. I got the tattoo to remind me of the hardest 5 years of my live and to never forget God's mercy and grace.
http://paulandangelasfamily.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Jenn. I have thought about a tatoo of the Jesus fish as a reminder of Christ rescuing me out of the ocean of despair I was in, but havent' gone for it yet...who knows, but I think it is just awesome.