Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tyler's Journal

I'm still piecing together Tyler's scrapbook. I decided to add a few journal entries (from my pregnancy journal) into the scrapbook also. I've kept this one close in my heart for months now, but finally decided to share it now. I only dated it as December 2007 at the time, leaving a blank for the day, but never went back to fill it in.

December 2007

Sweet Baby,

I just wanted to say that
I love to feel you move.
Daddy says I'm lucky that I
get to feel you move often.
He'll be so excited to feel you
move too. He thought he felt
you move around 17 weeks,
but he wasn't sure.

Many times, I'll be wondering
if you are okay--when I've
not felt you move for a little
while. Right at those moments,
you give me just a little kick
or thump, as if to say--

"It's okay, Mommy.
I'm fine and
I'll see you soon."


Of course I didn't know it at the time, but this would be my last journal entry written while I was still pregnant. Little did I know, in just a few days I would be seeing my sweet baby way sooner than I had ever hoped or expected. How I miss those little kicks of my precious baby...

3 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

What a powerful entry! On a different level, that can be something you hold to every day... Tyler saying to you, still, now, "It's OK Mommy, I am OK, and I will see you soon..." While that soon may not be for 50 years, hold on to knowing he is OK, free from tubes and machines and that he is running around in a healthy body all over Heaven.

Jenn said...

What a beautiful thought, Christy...it brought me right to tears! Heaven feels so far away from me, that it still makes me so sad thinking that will be the next time I see his adorable face again, you know? But you're right...that's been my comforting thought too at the same time.
Thank you!
~Jenn

missi said...

Hi Jenn, I got the link to your site from Tara Lloyd and I just want you to know that we are praying for you and your husband as well. Your strength and faith are an encouragement to me, and what you're doing for your sister is amazing. I passed on the request for prayer for your sister to a couple of our classmates, I hope you (and she) don't mind. Doug's family was like my second family when my brother was sick (I was 8 when he died), and I know his family prayed for us daily. My family is now praying for his. God is BIGGER than anything life throws our way! Love and Prayers, Missi (Young) Beman