Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good news!

Mayo Clinic said there's no evidence of cancer cells in the tumor! They do want to do more testing though and will either do another biopsy or surgery. Surgery is not my sister's top choice, as the procedure would be like an open-heart surgery with a big recovery time. Mayo also said that it is acute and chronic inflammation with fibrosis. I think... in other words... there was an infection, inflammation, making the tumor. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

So glad to hear that she is cancer free!!!!

Renee said...

Thank you Lord! I have been checking back checking on your sister. I am so happy for all of you!

Gram said...

i have a friend who went to the ER with similar symptoms, had extensive surgery to remove a "tumor" that was suspected to be malignant and has found out (from Harvard Medical) that it is most likely a fibrous inflammatory tumor - incredibly RARE!!! i discovered your blog BEFORE she got the news from Harvard and emailed this info to her. i now feel like it was the Holy Spirit using this information to calm me and encourage me as we waited for the news. so happy for your sister AND for my friend! jan