Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cherish

Baby boy,

As we inch closer to your due date this week of April 4th, this is what I will remember and hold onto...

I will forever be thankful that I was able to experience pregnancy... and all of its beautiful moments. How thankful am I that I had the joy of feeling you move for the first time. And even though you somehow always dodged Daddy's hand, Daddy finally felt you move too when we were in the hospital. I am so thankful for the moment when I first heard the most beautiful sound of your beating heart. I am so thankful for the memory of holding Daddy's hand in utter excitement as we saw on the ultrasound that we were expecting a little boy. I am so thankful for every moment of seeing you, touching you, feeling your strong grasp. I am so thankful for the chance to soothe my own crying child. I am so thankful for our sweet and sacred time of holding you as your spirit flew away and went to heaven. Every moment of those six months and six days...

For all of these things, I will ALWAYS be thankful...

and will forever cherish you.

"Before I held you in my arms, I held you in my heart.

That is where you began, and where you will always be."

(author unknown)

7 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

What beautiful things to be thankful for... hold tight to those for they are true sources of comfort. I lost my first and third ones in the first trimester, my second was born at 20 weeks, and the fourth is still a work in progress. As Vimmy V would say,
"Never Give Up"

You and Mike will both be in my thoughts and prayers this week.

Anonymous said...

Love you guys with all my heart. Our Father will continue to carry you both thru this time. So proud of you, sis!

Will and Julia's Mommy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you this week. You are so right when you say you have so many things to be thankful for.

I, too, am thankful for our time will Will. I could not imagine life without him and know that he came into our lives for such a special reason, which I am already seeing flourish in my everyday acts.

StacyandChad said...

Jenn,
You and Mike are in my thoughts and always in my prayers! Especially this week as you grow closer to Tyler's due date.
Praying God grants you His peace and love during this time!

Anxious AF said...

Just found your blog through "confessions of cf husband"
What a beautiful story.

Praying for you this special week.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop a note to tell you I am thinking of you and Mike today, on Tyler's due date. I know you have such a load on your mind between this and your sister. I am praying for you all!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Wow. Almost speechless. I was getting information about the John Waller song "While I'm Waiting" and your blog zoomed right through me. I had a baby girl who I held for 6 hours. She would be five this December 21st And I wish I could protect your pain. It is unlike any other feeling because you will always wonder and imagine. My name is Pantera Yarborough. Tyler and Grace are in Heaven playing with each other and so many others. Have a blessed Christmas '08.